The economy is improving. Businesses are hiring. Many employers are having trouble recruiting talented, long term employees. In recognition of this macroeconomic trend, the Greater St. Cloud Development Corporation (GSDC) is pleased to introduce Greater St. Cloud JobSpot (http://www.greaterstcloudjobspot/), a regional on-line talent portal.
JobSpot is a collaborative effort of the GSDC, local employers, and area higher education partners.
JobSpot connects job seekers with employers in the greater St. Cloud region. It is designed to assist the local business community attract and retain talented employees.
JobSpot is so much more than a simple job board. It:
- Connects students with internship opportunities
- Conducts career fairs and training seminars
- Offers professional development opportunities
- Enables local employers to build their brand within local schools and universities
Employers who use JobSpot will be connecting with local, regional, national and world-wide talent in a cost effective manner. JobSpot is less expensive than either Careerbuilder.com or Monster.com. Job postings are limited to jobs located in the greater St. Cloud region so we retain local workers and attract top-notch talent to our region.
The GSDC aggressively markets JobSpot opportunities to regional employers and all job seekers. Marketing initiatives include:
- Working with more than 130 regional business and community leaders to raise JobSpot awareness within Benton, Sherburne and Stearns counties in central Minnesota.
- Using LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to raise awareness of the competitive advantages JobSpot offers to employers and job seekers.
- Collaborating with St. Cloud State University, College of Saint Benedict, Saint John’s University, St. Cloud Technical and Community College, College of St. Scholastica, Rasmussen College and Minnesota School of Business in order to connect college students and area employers.
JobSpot benefits the Greater St. Cloud community in many ways. It helps retain local high school and college graduates, it attracts out of area (Minneapolis, etc.) talent to the St. Cloud region, It brands our area as business- and employee-friendly, and enhances local population growth. These all serve to improve the economic vitality of our community. As JobSpot grows it will improve efficiencies and productivity for both the business community and job seekers. One stop shop!
So, please share the JobSpot story with other business owners and hiring managers. Thank you.