No matter where you are in your career, composing a strong resume is vital to improving your chances at landing the job of your dreams. However, what are some ways that you can help separate yourself from your fellow job-seekers? Below are 10 tips that are not typically taught to job-seekers, but are critical in helping you and your resume stand out!
- Be prepared to answer questions related to why you changed jobs, each time you changed them
- Elaborate on how you see yourself in your career (and how you are different from every other person with a similar career path)
- Explain why you chose the career path that you did
- Describe why you were brought on board at each previous job
- Account for what you left in your wake at each job
- Make sure prospective employers understand your type of personality and sense of humor
- Emphasize and clarify the context for each of your triumphs
- Be thorough and accurate when describing your priorities in your job
- Highlight what your accumulated experience-wise at each job you’ve held and
- Precisely describe how your brain works
Following these 10 tips can help your resume sing your song effectively!