The Talent Summit is a half day event providing an opportunity for employers to network and engage around key topics related to the workforce.
The goal of the event is to provide an engaging, participatory learning and networking environment for HR Professionals and CEOs to engage around key pertinent topics related to workforce.
We are busily planning for 2019’s Talent Summit, putting together another amazing roster of speakers and workshops! Please feel free to download our 2018 resources, as well as check out our highlight videos of past events. We look forward to seeing you again this year!
Thank you for attending Talent Summit 2018!
Executive Coach, Personal Branding Expert & Speaker
2018 Workshops Presented By Local Leaders:
1. Ignite your Talent Strategy – Having a well thought out talent strategy can and will ignite business growth when done right. From company branding to succession planning, learn how talent strategy and talent planning are core to the success of your business and how critical long-term talent planning is.
2. Your Most Critical Asset – Talent Leadership – It is critical for the HR leader and CEO to be aligned on what moves the business forward. Honest and objective assessment of your company’s strengths and weaknesses and a well-rounded perspective of potential solutions are essential for creating this vital strategic partnership. From identifying solutions to business risks from a human capital perspective to ensuring the company’s culture is a driving force in recruitment and development decisions, an HR leader be a vital resource that has a lasting impact.
3. Partnerships to Drive Success and Savings – Partnerships create powerful collaboration. Hear how a variety of organizations are striving to connect job seekers of all ages, employment backgrounds and skill sets to our employers of the region. The presentation will highlight numerous resources and examples of creative ways employers have partnered to help meet their recruitment and retention efforts.
4. Organizational Change – Position Your Business Growth – Maintaining a thriving and diverse business model in the midst of an ever changing environment/community is critical to sustainable growth. This session will showcase two very diverse business models and the processes they underwent to explore, evaluate and execute successful business models to fit the needs of the community and the workforce.
5. Talent Shortage? Developing from Within! – Do you hire great people only to see them leave you? Practical steps for evaluating and implementing organizational effectiveness strategies. Focus on leveraging the skills and strengths of your current workforce to put your best team on the field. We will explore practical case studies outlining the role of Executives and HR partnerships to ensure company growth objectives and customer needs are met, ensuring each and every associate within the organization has an established succession plan in place to ensure success.
Noon – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch/Discussion: Are you the Employer of Choice? Creating a culture that attracts and retains talent. Employees to share what creates this culture in their workplace along with a recap of key takeaways from each of the morning sessions.
Talent Summit has been approved for Three (3) HRCI & SHRM PDC Credits
2017 Keynote Speaker:
Jasna Burza, Life and Business Strategist
Where Passion and Career Connect
Start thinking about long term choices of finding and offering a job! Aligning our passions with skills gives us fulfillment and meaning- having employees who manage to balance the two will boost company culture and increase profits due to productivity and creativity.
2017 Employer Breakout Sessions:
- Embracing Employer Engagement in our High Schools – playing a positive role in our education of our students
- Address the Training Gap – Partnering to Access Grants Available to You
- Inspiring Employees to Participate in Online Recruiting
- Creative Thinking Builds a Talent Pipeline
- Keeping Talent Local – Leveraging University Partnerships to Develop Tomorrow’s Workforce
- Marco Connection Corner
2017 Job Seeker Breakout Sessions:
- Etiquette and Career Professionalism
- Networking Inside and Outside your Social Media Bubble
- Surviving the Resume and Interview Shark Tank
- Take Control with Non-Traditional Job Searching Techniques!
- Don’t just mock it – ROCK IT! – Interviewing 101 for the First Time Job Seeker
- Marco Connection Corner