The Talent Summit is a half day event providing an opportunity for employers to network and engage around key topics related to the workforce.
The goal of the event is to provide an engaging, participatory learning and networking environment for HR Professionals and CEOs to engage
Wednesday, September 12th, 2018
7:30 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
River’s Edge Convention Center
Employers and Partners – C-Suite and HR Professionals
$20 GSDC Investors / $40 Non GSDC Investors
Recruiting and Retaining Top Talent
2018 Workshops Presented By Local Leaders:
Building a Talent Pipeline – Including company branding and culture, professional development and succession planning
Human Resources – Your Most Critical Component to Company Success – illustration of the strategic partnership working together to ensure company success.
Collaboration Creates Success – showcasing resources available to help recruit/retain your workforce. Highlighting employer examples of the success achieved through using these valuable resources.
Organizational Change – Position yourself for Growth – Maintaining a thriving and diverse business model in the midst of an ever-changing environment/community.
Developing from Within: Creating Career Pathways for Talent Development – Do you have an established succession plan in place for all of your associates? Hear how you can create career pathways to ensure growth and development of your team.
Noon – 1:00 p.m. – Lunch/Discussion: Are you the Employer of Choice? – Creating a culture that attracts and retains talent. Employees to share what creates this culture in their workplace along with a recap
of key takeaways from each of the morning sessions.
2017 Talent Summit Event Highlights
2017 Keynote Speaker:
Jasna Burza, Life and Business Strategist
Where Passion and Career Connect
Start thinking about long term choices of finding and offering a job! Aligning our passions with skills gives us fulfillment and meaning- having employees who manage to balance the two will boost company culture and increase profits due to productivity and creativity.
2017 Employer Breakout Sessions:
- Embracing Employer Engagement in our High Schools – playing a positive role in our education of our students
- Address the Training Gap – Partnering to Access Grants Available to You
- Inspiring Employees to Participate in Online Recruiting
- Creative Thinking Builds a Talent Pipeline
- Keeping Talent Local – Leveraging University Partnerships to Develop Tomorrow’s Workforce
- Marco Connection Corner
2017 Job Seeker Breakout Sessions:
- Etiquette and Career Professionalism
- Networking Inside and Outside your Social Media Bubble
- Surviving the Resume and Interview Shark Tank
- Take Control with Non-Traditional Job Searching Techniques!
- Don’t just mock it – ROCK IT! – Interviewing 101 for the First Time Job Seeker
- Marco Connection Corner