Job seekers and local employers, mark your calendars because September 26th the St. Cloud Area Job Fair will be held at the River’s Edge Convention Center in downtown St. Cloud! From 12:30 P.M. to 4:30 P.M., over 90 local employers and more than 400 job seekers will be at this event. The St. Cloud Area Job Fair provides local job seekers a chance to learn more about the amazing career opportunities that are available to them in the Greater St. Cloud area. St. Cloud area employers can also use the St. Cloud Area Job Fair to better tap into local talent to fill in-demand positions.
Part of what makes the St. Cloud Area Job Fair such an amazing opportunity for local job seekers and employers is the ability to meet face-to-face with each other, no appointment required. Local employers can learn more about the local talent pool that is available to them and job seekers will have amazing access to the host of companies looking to hire.
Here are some other handy tips for job seekers in order to make the most out of the opportunities present at the St. Cloud Area Job Fair:
- Dress as you would if you were headed to a job interview
- Smile, make eye contact and offer a firm handshake when meeting with employers
- Work on your “elevator pitch”, a 20-30 second length explanation of your background, skills, and areas of interest
- Offer a copy of your resume and/or business card to employers
- Research the attending employers that you are interested in beforehand
- Be sure to ask lots of questions!
- Follow up with the employers you met with after the fair by sending them a cover letter and another copy of your resume
For more job seeker tips as well as general information about this great event, be sure to visit the St. Cloud Area Job Fairs website! Interested employers are encouraged to register soon as spots will fill up fast!